Tuesday 29th September – Launching today, the Open Future World directory is the first inclusive, global and easily-searched directory of organisations involved in the rapidly-growing open banking and open finance ecosystem. The directory is being spearheaded by Open Future World, the hub for global open banking and open finance.
Co-founder Marie Walker explains the thinking behind the directory. “When I’m talking with people in the open finance community, the most common question I’m asked is whether I can recommend a company offering a certain service in a particular region. This directory is our answer to that need, helping companies connect and building awareness of what they have to offer.”
Open banking fintech DirectID took part in the recent private beta. “When I heard about the new directory, I was very keen to be involved, and we’re delighted to be on the list for the launch. Open banking has come a fantastic distance in the last two years and this will be of huge benefit to anyone seeking to understand the players in the open banking and open finance world,” commented CEO James Varga.
Both regulated and non-regulated entities can be listed in the directory without charge. “We want to encourage everyone in the sector to share their information and to make use of this free resource. As the directory evolves, we’ll be able to map the ecosystem, add more advanced search functionality and highlight some of the great case studies that are emerging,” explains Open Future World fellow co-founder Nick Cabrera.
Samantha Seaton, CEO of Moneyhub adds “With the open banking industry now fully emerging worldwide, it is invaluable to have all of the global entities together in a resource such as the Open Future World Directory. This platform will be extremely useful to experts, partners, investors alike and will provide a forward thinking space in which to share ideas and stay up to date.”
The sector has achieved so much in a relatively short space of time, so the creation of the Directory marks the success we’ve had and only propels the industry further into the spotlight. Managing money is becoming more complex as new, unparalleled obstacles come our way and so the transformational nature of open banking and open finance continues to be realised.”
In line with the sector’s open ethos, the directory is being developed by the community and with the support of other organisations involved in the ecosystem. Strategic partnerships with findexable – real-time rankings of fintech ecosystems – and open finance intelligence service Open Finance Tracker gives access to additional insight and analytics.
Simon Hardie, CEO of data analytics firm, findexable, said: “We are delighted to be a partner of the Open Future World directory. Through the Global Fintech Index our mission is to sort and benchmark fintech innovation wherever it’s found – and remove geographical location as a barrier to fintech success. The Open Future World directory is an important step to driving awareness of the breadth of open finance adoption and accelerating development, take-up and adoption of the technologies that will define our digital futures.”
“It’s important to track and share progress” agrees Carlos Figueredo, CEO of open banking advisory firm Open Vector and founder of the new Open Finance Tracker. “As more and more countries take their first steps towards open finance, organisations – and governments – are looking to learn from each other. We’re delighted to join Open Future World and findexable to help provide an easily searchable global view”.
Open Future World has been working with the open finance community under its Finance Edge brand since 2016. The company’s fifth Open Banking World Congress, held in May earlier this year, was the world’s largest virtual open banking event to date, attracting over 4,500 participants from more than 110 countries around the world.[END]
LinkedIn: @Open Future World
Notes to editors:
- Marie Walker and Nick Cabrera founded Event Creation Network in 2013 – operating under the Finance Edge brand. Originally set up as a conference organiser, the company now focuses on bringing together the best people and the best ideas from the world of open banking and open finance and is in the process of rebranding as Open Future World.
- For more information about Open Future World (new website coming) or the directory, please contact Marie Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images to support this press release can be downloaded here.
- Findexable has created the Global Fintech Index to collect, assemble and sort the world’s fintech data using the latest technology, making it easier for any organisation in the fintech ecosystem to compare, benchmark and analyse fintech markets, categories and companies. By benchmarking fintech development across the world’s regions, we also help innovators, financial institutions, government and investors understand how FinTech is evolving, where to invest, and what it takes to build a thriving, progressive fintech ecosystem. www.findexable.com
- Open Finance Tracker was established to track everything related to open finance from press releases, to webinars and training. What differentiates OFT is that it is specific to the global advancement of “open” related subjects. www.openfinancetracker.co