The Payments Innovation Forum (PIF) is a not-for-profit trade body for the payments sector. We support and champion innovation in payments by promoting the highest possible standards of practice compliance, educating regulators, policymakers, consumer bodies and the media, and advocating for industry-positive policy that fosters innovation and competition in payments whilst protecting the interests of consumers. As well as supporting our members in practical ways, we work hard to create an external environment in which our members can grow and thrive.
In 2022, PIF announced a rebrand and a new strategic plan. As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is excited about helping to enhance the visibility and new brand message of PIF.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, friendly team and make a difference. As our marketing assistant, you will play a significant role in promoting our work across the payments sector and the value we bring to our members.
Who are we looking for?
You will be creative with lots of ideas to contribute. You will be eager to develop your skills and have an excellent understanding of marketing, communications and digital platforms, ideally gained in a professional association or payments sector environment (though this is not essential). You will have a can-do attitude and be able to manage a varied workload.
- Upload content to our website and member portal, ensuring it is optimised for maximum engagement
- Proofread a range of copy including website content, member guidance, newsletters, consultation responses, ensuring it meets our brand guidelines and messaging
- Support the preparation and delivery of our newsletters, member communications and email marketing campaigns
- Manage the member database and marketing mailing lists
- Coordinate and monitor our social media activity
- Assist in the development of content for member services, membership promotion, event partnerships and other commitments
- Work closely with our members’ marketing teams to coordinate the development of content for our social media channels, website, events and newsletters
- Attend our member meetings and events to support production and member engagement
- Provide sales, marketing and communications administrative support
Essential (must have)
- Minimum 12 months’ experience in a marketing role
- Excellent written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of mainstream marketing channels (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Tools and virtual meeting platforms
Desirable (nice to have but not essential)
- Relevant Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge of association management/CRM platforms
- Knowledge of graphic design tools (Canva, Adobe)
This is a permanent role offering
- Salary between £22,500-£25,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Additional discretionary 3 days holiday between 25-31 December
- Hybrid work – the ability to work from home or central London office
- A friendly working environment with training and development opportunities